Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spiritual Thought

Doctrine and Covenants 1:38:
What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

I love conference, I love getting to listen to the servants of the Lord. During this session of conference we sustained a new member to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I was extremely excited to know that it was Neil L. Andersen. His last conference talk in 2008 was one of my favorites (You know enough). I really connected with that talk and would advise everyone to go back and read it.

This conference (like most) I enjoyed the talk given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. I think I love him because he seems to pick topics that are very straight forward, and I love it. Last conference he talked about how we should behave in Sacrament Meeting, and this time spoke about being less selfish! And I loved it, all around the whole world we see exactly what he discussed. People that want to know what they are going to get out of things, and how the world owes them because they exist. I am not excluding myself, that is probably why I liked the talk so much. So for family home evening yesterday we talked about serving others and decided that our own family was a good place to start. So we each got a different person that we have to do a kind act for this week. And hopefully we will go from there and serve others everywhere. I hope that through my own actions I will be able to teach my kids service.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives us a Prophet to lead us and guide us in these latter-days. It is so easy to get caught up in the things of the world, and conference is such a refreshing experience that inspires me to work harder. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is our Prophet today, and I am grateful for his words and all that he sacrifices for us. I am grateful for the scriptures (Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Convenants) and I know that they are truly the word of God. I am grateful that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers and for the Holy Ghost that I am able to know that these things are true. I hope that I will be able to keep this resolve to be a better person. If you did not get to see all of the conference talks you can find a link on lds.org. I would encourage everyone to listen.

2 comments:

Beth said...

what a great testimony Rachel! i was blessed to read it!


as far as rooms go, for easter i'm not sure if ben told you, but i will only be able to spend saturday night there... i dont care where i sleep the couch is fine with me! so dont worry about where to put me at all, seriously! we will have a lot of fun! i hope i dont have to miss too much of the festivities on sunday but i have class on monday at 9am so i will have to drive back sometime during the day. see you then!

Cindy Howard said...

Conference was great. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers