Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bake Sales and other crafty things

So I had my first bake sale. and I am not going to lie, it made me feel really old!! I don't know why but I was like, hm, i don't like this, this is what little old ladies do! obviously not, but i still felt old, and like a real mom. I can't believe i have been a mom for 4 1/2 years! funny how a bake sale can be a reality check. Well anyways, so I made rice krispie treats and brownies, and i wrapped them in saran wrap and put a ribbon around them and a cute label...or at least i thought they were cute. that was until i dropped them off and saw all the other SUPER cute things that the other moms (who probably have more experience at the whole bake sale thing) made!! And then I was setting up one of the tables, and it made sense to me, everything was grouped in catagories, and then one of the other moms came over and redid the whole thing!!! ha ha ha, i thought it was hilarious, she did a much better job than I did, it looked really good see...

Speaking of cuteness, my friend has an etsy store where she sells watches. She gave me one as a gift and I love it. I also LOVE the one in this picture which she made and donated to be auctioned off for a breast cancer fund raiser. Click the pic and it will take you to her store. Seriously, check it out!

2 comments:

Dejah said...

Looks like a fun bake sale, which treats were yours?

RACHEL said...

the ugly ones!!! the brownies and rice krispies, at least they tasted good. i had a few samples!

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers