Monday, May 25, 2009

Parenting 911!

So this is my so called emergency, i have a child who will not stop touching things! of course this has caused me many problems (i.e.- shopping and him wanting to grab candy, or toys, or other fun things. Also when we go to the golf course and he touches the clubs, or knocks them over...you get the idea!) But today the touching has reached it's peak! Landen decided to pull a fire alarm! wow, i don't even know what to say. So here is the story. Sofia invited us to go hiking and we were waiting in the visitor center for everyone to show up and there were some things to look at and touch for kids. Then we went outside to walk around a little and on our way back in landen just pulled the alarm! The alarm scared him and carson to death. everyone started exiting the building and sofia took my kids while i stood at the desk apologizing and trying to see if there was anything i could do to make it right. the good news is that it wasn't the first time that it had happened. but embarrassing all the same. the rest of the day went well. landen loved the hike and stayed in front to be the leader while carson of course held everything up, and i had to carry him most of the time. but it was good exercise. we had a picnic after and then i had to leave for nap time. but seriously any suggestions on teaching kids to NOT TOUCH!!?

7 comments:

Jaime Bunker said...

put mittens on his hands! i read about that once in a kid's book...oh wait, that was for a cat or bear or someone who wouldn't stop biting their nails. so never mind.

Cindy Howard said...

a shcok collar?haha No, I have no suggestions. You are one of the best Moms I know, so you will think of something.

RACHEL said...

actually i was talking about shock collars the other day, they work for dogs! lol! just kidding everyone, don't call social services

Anonymous said...

With scott, he gets 3 warnings. First warning is he's told "leave it alone" and i redirect. Second time, he gets a smack on the hand and we redirect again. Third strike and he's out, he gets a smack on the hand and thrown in his crib (or something similiar depending on where you are). He is so good about not touching things (most of the time, knock on wood). He throws a tantrum sometimes but for the most part, he's good. So good random people comment about him. Hope this helps! (by the way, i started this when he was 9 months old)

Dan and Amanda said...

Man... I wish I knew you guys were going on a hike. Dan and I were in town until last night. I have no ideas`on how to help you but..... it is pretty funny.

Sofia L said...

just google it LOL! My favorite was when you told Sarah if I had to choose between locking my keys in the car and my son pulling the fire alarm I would go with locking my keys in the car HAHA! I think she felt better about it after that. I know he's not supppose to touch anything but that alarm should have been covered

RACHEL said...

actually to be honest i wish i could go through it again, i would react differently this time. i love how after i have time to think i can come up with better reactions, that has got to be my least favorite thing about myself. i react instead of act
but overall would still take the keys

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers