Friday, February 27, 2009

Post 2: The Birthday Party

This is going to be an extensive look, at the work behind the scenes for throwing a four year old jungle party. Many pictures will not be shown, because I was so busy throwing the party that there were somethings I forgot to ask for a picture to be taken. Pictures shown are credited to Ashley Cone and Myself, I don't remember which picture is which. Thanks for your help Ash! Side Note: Please ignore weird spacing I tried forever to fix it, and had no luck!


The Invitation






The Craft (The binoculars were to be used for the safari at the end of the party, when they when searching for their goodie bags) we also did wild animal coloring pages and animal name tags


The Menu

So just in case you can't really see the picture here is what the menu for the night was:
Live Worms (sliced hot dogs)
Beetle Wings (potato chips)
Dried Ants (dried cranberries)
Snake Eggs (green grapes)
Croc Teeth (apple slices)
Jungle Juice (green kool aid, which did not go over well, I thought all kids liked kool-aid, oops)
AND...................................
The Cake






The Brother(down under this picture!!)

The Other Friends and Family (below)




The Games [This is only one of the games, the tree frog toss, it was the one that I was running, so I didn't get to take pictures of the other ones, which were: animal charades, feed the lion (which was throwing balls into a bucket with a picture of a lion on it), and elephant ring toss (which was throw rings trying to hook them on a blown up elephants nose)] I also regret not taking pictures of the tree frog layout, i made vines out of paper bags and cut out leaves from green card stock, and the kids threw sticky frogs and tried to get them on the leaves, it was really fun!!!! There were also sticky frogs in their goodies bags later!



















The Presents (Landen really got a lot of great stuff and we literally didn't leave the house for a couple of days just so he could stay home and play with them all!! Thanks everyone!)




























The Goodie Bags (inside was candy, a balloon, safari animal stamper, safari animal stickers, sticky frogs, and a safari animal notepad)

6 comments:

Alice said...

What a cute party, Rachel! You did an awesome job! I miss everyone ...

Dejah said...

Wow, that looked like a cool party. What lucky kids you have! I like the family picture, it looks like Wayne and Carson are ready to take someone out.

Sofia L said...

I LOVE the cake it turned out so well. It looks like it was an awesome party and the pictures turned out great. Your so creative!!

Cindy Howard said...

You did a great job planning, I am so impressed. Did you make the cake, because it looks professionally done? Isaac says the competition is on now.haha

Elizabeth F. said...

Wow, great party ideas! IT looks like you all had fun. Happy B-Day!

Elizabeth F. said...

P.S. I knew your Hubby looked familiar! I have gone to Northgreen a few times to buy GCert. for my Hubby. We live in Beaver Pond. And I think I've seen him on TV too. LOL! My hubby loves to golf, but doesn't have a partner since we moved here...:-) Maybe we need to get them together. he..he..Small world!

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers