Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Book Tag!!

Okay so i got tagged, or at least think i did, she may have been talking about another Rachel but i didn't see another one on her list, so i am doing it!!! However, i did cheat, kind of! When i first read the tag, i was staying at a hotel and i didn't have any books with me, of course there was a phone book in the room, but i didn't think the names on page 56 would appreciate me handing out their info!! So i got home and grabbed my favorite book (for right now) and then opened the tag again, so it was the closest book to me!! okay but none of you are going to have that happen to you, so you may not cheat!!!

The rules:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 2 to 5 sentences, along with these rules.
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual book. Pick the CLOSEST!
6. Tag five (or more) other people to do the same!

The Hunger Games, By Suzanne Collins
Page 56

Judging by the fumes, it's some kind of spirit. I don't know Haymitch, but I have seen him often enough in the Hob, tossing handfuls of money on the counter of the woman who sells white liquor. He'll be incoherent by the time we reach the Capitol.

I realize I detest Haymitch. No wonder the District 12 tributes never stand a chance. It isn't just that we have been underfed and lack training. Some of our tributes have still been strong enough to make a go of it. But we rarely get sponsors and he's a big part of the reason why. The rich people who back tributes - either because they are betting on them or simply for the bragging rights of picking a winner - expect someone classier than Haymitch to deal with.

"So, you're supposed to give us some advice," I say to Haymitch.

"Here's some advice. Stay alive," says Haymitch, and then bursts out laughing.

Okay so i did more, but i couldn't help it!! I want everyone to read this book, i love it!! So here are the people i tag:

1. Catherine (i am dying to know what book you have closest to you out of your library)
2. Amanda
3. Alice
4. Beth
5. Tanya

2 comments:

B&U+2 said...

Yes Rachel, i meant you! Your book sounds more interesting than mine. haha

Megan said...

I have to read that!!! (And thank you for not picking me! My closest book would have been on food storage! ZZZzzz)

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers